Is it necessary to use tiles for a map?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Piano tiles
$9.99 USD
Template for a piano tiles game, fully documented in comments and video
  • Hello! I've been working on a map for a landscape-oriented game project, and I wanted to know how to use it. It's an island in the middle of the ocean, so I don't know if tiles could work, seeing as they're square and the island has round edges and a section with a beach. The map is pretty big, and someone told me that I shouldn't use pictures bigger than 1000x1000px, so I divided the island in a bunch of pieces, which I don't now how to add to the project. Furthermore, I want to add an ocean I made in the background so the place actually looks like an island. Should that go in a different layer?

• You should read the beginner's guide, it contains all the info you need for this particular issue (and will help solve future ones :p)

(Search for "How to make a Platform game" in the Tutorials section, can't post links yet)

(But in short, create an object, import all your image parts into it as frames, set its animation speed to 0 and change the initial frame on each object to match the part you want.

Also for the background yeah, use a different layer and maybe change the parallax to match what you want.)

• Thanks a lot! I imported the map without an issue

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Nevermind. Just came across an error after I tried to test the game on Google Chrome. It just stops loading and this pops up every time I try to test it.

• Looks like this is a problem with the canvas plugin... It's not needed for what you are asking

• Yeah, it fixed itself after I restarted Construct 2. No biggie!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)