Navi´s Movement (Zelda OOT)

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Run and Jump in 3 Dimensions! Take your platformer to the next level!
  • Hello everyone.

I´m making a Zelda fan made game and i want to implement Navi the fairy.In Zelda OCarina of Time,Navi follows you all time and when NAvi see a enemy,she changes color and goes to him.

How can i do this?

• Check the last capx of C-7 user in:

• ooh, i like this. alot of ways to go about it though

to make navi follow link in a fairy fashion, pin it rope style to link when on contact, make an animation of her fluttering to boost this effect.

i would probably suggest working out a targeting system like the z targeting in Oot

once a unit is "targeted" un pin Navi and activate her (how you do this is up to you) 8direction/pathfinding/bullet

to fly to the enemy (give her VERY high speed).

again, when she reaches the enemy (on collision) pin it to the enemy, and have a new animation where she goes red and fly's around angrily. actually i think that was only when she targeted Sakon the thief

then when targeting is off, or the enemy is dead, or as an else clause have navi pathfind back to link, and again on collision pin

if you don't want the z targetting, you could just have a boolean if the los from link is true or not for each enemy.

to decide which enemy she fly's too is a bit more complicated.. you could just pick an instance where the boolean is set... i'm struggling with the pick nearest/furthest event personally, so wouldn't try telling you to do it, just doesn't seem to do anything

if you struggle still, write me back and i'll try to code it.

i write this as i'm very lazy at following links and don't like downloading things (sorry Majin Buu)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

to make navi follow link in a fairy fashion, pin it rope style to link when on contact, make an animation of her fluttering to boost this effect.

i would probably suggest working out a targeting system like the z targeting in Oot

once a unit is "targeted" un pin Navi and activate her (how you do this is up to you) 8direction/pathfinding/bullet

again, when she reaches the enemy (on collision) pin it to the enemy, and have a new animation where she goes red and fly's around angrily. actually i think that was only when she targeted Sakon the thief

then when targeting is off, or the enemy is dead, or as an else clause have navi pathfind back to link, and again on collision pin

if you don't want the z targetting, you could just have a boolean if the los from link is true or not for each enemy.

to decide which enemy she fly's too is a bit more complicated.. you could just pick an instance where the boolean is set... i'm struggling with the pick nearest/furthest event personally, so wouldn't try telling you to do it, just doesn't seem to do anything

i write this as i'm very lazy at following links and don't like downloading things (sorry Majin Buu)

rex plugin moveto will help you a lot.

rex plugin moveto will help you a lot.

• i had posted a different how to question a while ago. this answers it amazingly thank you majin dono

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)