Naming Sprites

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Build your map with these isometric objects and terrains
  • Hi all,

I noticed in a few of the competition tutorials, that the authors were adding a bunch of sprites by clicking on the layout, then having to take the time out to rename them all. I found that when I drag an image directly on to the layout view from a folder on my computer, that it automatically names the sprite the name given in the folder. This saves a lot of time, but I do not know if there is a downside to doing it that way. Is it ok to just drag and drop sprites in?

• It's perfectly fine to drag and drop sprites into the layout. It's a part of the "Beginners Guide" by Ashley as well, if I'm not mistaken.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks again Nimtrix. I learned about dragging the images from a folder, probably from one of the tutes a while back. I'm just not sure if there was a reason that others would go to all the trouble of doing the other way, unless it had some sort of benefit.

• Just a force of habit I guess, you have to do it the hard way if you're working with spritesheets and such. And sometimes you might want a different name than the file name. I almost never drag & drop myself, but it sure is faster and easier if you name your images properly. As for the video tutorials, you have to show people how to do it the proper way first at least. It's a great feature though, so it should be mentioned.

Edit: By the way, this topic should probably not be in this sub-forum, it's not exactly a question of how you do something.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)