How do I make a multiple spawners

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Be quick and choose the right answer for the shown equation.
  • Hello, I am very new at Construct 2 and I've been fooling around with this idea and getting no where.

There are multiple spawners off the screen, and when they spawn the enemy every X seconds the angle is set toward the player and accelerating towards it. I have tried randomly spawning one spawner where every time it spawns a enemy it gets destroyed and creates a new one but it always spawns on screen (which is what I do not want)

If anyone knows how I can make it so there are stationary spawners outside the screen and they randomly spawn enemys at different times that be great!

Thanks!

George

• Randomly spawn at different times?

Would something like this work?

system every x seconds : random(0,3)

system pick random instance of spawner

spawn enemy

• LittleStain so for some reason I can NOT find Pick random instance function anywhere. where is it?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I thought I put it in the example:

System pick random instance

So you can find it under the System-conditions..

• Hey LittleStain, I'm trying out your example and I'm not getting it to work. What do you mean when you say random(0,3)? On a good note I've found the "pick random instance" function. Do you think you can send me a screen shot of what you mean so I can try it out.

• when I say random(0,3) I mean random(0,3)..

In this example it stands for the amount of seconds, which could be anything between 0 and 3 seconds..

Changing the numbers will change the random time between the spawn-action..

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)