Multiple screen sizes

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Is a circular loading screen with code ready to use. No Animation.
  • Hello!

I am wondering if anyone out there know the best way to make a game made in Scirra and exported through Cocoon fit correctly on multiple devices. I have a game and when I preview it on my phone it seems to fit ok, but when I test it on my friend's phone and her tablet it has a white space at the bottom (the size of which differs on both!). Going back into Scirra I tried re-sizing the game screens but the problem is it re-sizes the screens on all the platforms so the nice fit I had on mine is now missing the bottom of the screen?

This is the first game I have tried making so it could well be a REALLY obvious step that I have not done. I also looked at the working with different screen sizes tutorial which mentioned working with ratios which I tried to follow but did not work for me, probably me not fully understanding, but any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

• Hey guys any thoughts on this? Or maybe a Scirra Jedi or 2?

• If you have the same aspect ratio (example: 1280x720 and 1920x1080 both have 16:9), you could use Letterbox Scale or Letterbox Integer, but if the aspect ratio is different (1024x768 has 4:3) you should use Scale Outer or Scale Inner.

At the moment CocoonJS has some issues with Letterbox Scale ...

More info here:

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/73/supporting-multiple-screen-sizes

But again, there could appear another issues like mine:

http://www.scirra.com/forum/topic79392.html

• tgeorgemihai Thanks very much for your response I will take a look at it on my next day off! This had me stumped so any new information is great

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • What program did you use to preview your game on the phone?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)