Multiplayer: synced object won't change frames on peer

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • So I'm working on a multiplayer game, pretty much to learn about multiplayer plugin.

To put it simply, I have a synced block that, when I click it on the host, I want it to change it's animation frame on the host and on the peer's screen, but it only changes on the host. It also won't do anything if I change the animation instead of only the frame, I tested it. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

I know the block is synced because if I change the it's position on the host, it also changes on the peer. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hello so this should be simple. Simply make a variable on the block. Then for the condition of clicking on the block make another condition that is "is host". And for a action change the variable change. And make another event when the variable Is changed to whatever you set to change the animation.

Next make one more variable syncing the blocks variable. And it should work. So when the variable is synced on the peers side it will change the animation.

If you are having trouble upload a capx and I'll set it up for you.

• Using a variable worked! Just feels strange having to use a different variable to say the same thing as a value that is already in the object...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)