Mozilla Firefox doesn't WORK

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
  • So I deleted Google Chrome and installed Mozilla Firefox because Chrome is a piece of unoptimized low-performance laggy sh*t, and testing my game is not a nuisance anymore! HOWEVER.

Some parts of the game's code is not playing. When I press the - and = buttons, it changes the time scale of the game. But it doesn't work anymore with Firefox. Pausing works fine, which is setting the timescale to 0.

Also, on the Ship layout, some of the blue platforms (yeah it's an old level and it looks like ass) are not visible. But they ARE still solid, so you can bump into them and stand on them. Also, the sounds are so broken. When you get hit, the sound doesn't play. Neither does it play when I fire my weapons. However, wait a few seconds or restart the layout, B]ALL OF THE GODDAMN SOUNDS ARE PLAYED AT THE SAME TIME. That's just problems I found in the first 15 minutes of using C2 with Firefox. I just really don't want to switch because Google Chrome is so laggy, nothing is playable, and I've heard a lot about Firefox team being HTML5 friendly, porting Unity to HTML5, etc.

Computer: MacBook Air Mid 2011 13 Inch, on Parallels Desktop 9 w/ Windows XP, and C2 stable release r158.2.

HWO HAPPN?? HWO FIXZ??? NID HILPINGS

Controls and capx:

left and right: move left and right

Down: crouch

Space: Jump

Z: Attack

1 button: Choose gumball as a Z attack, a projectile that bounces off enemies

2 button: Choose Bomb as a Z attack, a physics object that destroys enemy projectiles and pushes enemies. You can also bomb jump on it, but that's tricky.

3 button: Explosion. A short-range thing that can be aimed in all directions.

Shift: Dash (only if you have the UpgradeDash)

dropbox.com/s/59547aoqdqi3lic/Action%20Gamemaster.capx

• It got onto page 4? IN 12 HOURS??!!

I might want to install the latest version of IE...

• Chrome and Firefox are both high-quality and robust browsers that work well for the vast majority of users. If both browsers are problematic, maybe there's some general problem with your computer itself? Is the problem the same on other computers?

• Google Chrome had a different problem: It had very low performance(Like, REALLY low), but the code and platforms were okay. There's probably no general problem with the computer that can cause both Chrome's and Firefox's problems at once. I also do my C2 project via a school computer on my IT class, using Dropbox. It had Internet Explorer and it worked as fast as Firefox but with no problems.

• There's probably no general problem with the computer that can cause both Chrome's and Firefox's problems at once.

There are, many.

video card drivers up to date ?

Latest versions of the browsers ?

Disabled all unneeded browser plugins ?

Cleared cache and or temporary files ?

Did you run them firefox and chrome in paralel with windows ? or installed the macos versions ?

Did your IT class firefox run the game normally ? (if it had it and you tried that)

Those are some approaches you could check.

Generally, Chrome is considered top notch to test and run the web variant games of construct 2 in.

Derrived from your statements, I would say the culprit is your local system. Seeing as the game even ran fine on an internet explorer on your school.

• video card drivers up to date ? Yes.

Latest versions of the browsers ? Yes, I installed them, observed the problems and wrote this.

Disabled all unneeded browser plugins ? I had no plugins like, ever, I got this new virtual machine 5 days ago.

Cleared cache and or temporary files ? Virtual machine just created, nothing other than C2 is installed.

Did you run them firefox and chrome in paralel with windows ? or installed the macos versions ? Windows, there is no way to use Windows C2 with Macintosh browser.

Did your IT class firefox run the game normally ? (if it had it and you tried that) No Firefox, these idiots are stuck with IE7-8.

• fass.. the problem is your windowse-emulator. It's not fast enough to run those games proplerly.

• The problem with chrome is likely because of chrome 32, which has an issue that quite a few users are affected by that is fixed in chrome 33.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Who are you to judge how slow my emulator is? It's not like you can calculate by my computer's specs through a tricky formula exactly how slow Parallels Desktop 9 is.

• I installed the latest version of Chrome again, still the same stuff. Do I really have to go to Internet Explorer?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)