How do I Make this movement look more seamless

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
25 Homemade seamless jazzy seamless backgrounds for 2d scrolling or platform games
  • I have path finding on to allow for the player to avoid obstacles. But when the character was near the target location he would stop, and or sometimes overshoot.

I added in a set X and Y line to make him center on the square, the problem is it still looks like he teleports. Even more so if pathfinder overshoots. Can someone adjust this and make it more seamless?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qnnpyigtwihop ... .capx?dl=0

Also note I've been looking into adding a custom movement when the player is in a certain range as an option, so far I've not been able to make this work without error. With this idea I was thinking if player is within 30 pixels of target shut off pathfinding, and move towards target until player's location = X and Y.

Thanks!

• Please save it using a non-beta version of Construct (like v r206?)

I don't get people's fascination with beta-level development products. You don't need to tempt fate when it comes to bugs, you create enough for yourself...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • action "set X" or "set Y" teleport your sprite on position(X,Y)..

you can try something like this:

add a boolean variable to your sprite

when sprite X or sprite Y not egal to tarx or tary

set boolean to true

add condition when boolean is true: move sprite to tarx,tary (or use custom movement... as you want)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)