How do I move things from one event sheet to the next?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a code so you can see the same skin on all screens (peers). Each peer gets a skin, in addition to 4 directions t
  • Is there a fast way to copy actions in an event sheet ant then copy past to another event sheet?

I just created all these behaviors for a character, and I just want to import them to another event sheet. Does anyone know a way short of redoing it again? I also, found the paste option limiting.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • This is one of the things I am finding hard to deal with. I am used to a classical programming environment where it's really easy to cut n paste snippets of code from a prototype or other project to your current project. C2's IDE really limits workflow in this area.

It is possible to copy/paste from sheet to sheet and also across different instances of the editor, but you must make sure that any variables/objects that are referenced by the pasted code have been added to the target project.

• Not sure if this helps, but are you aware you can include event sheets in a layout? If you tends to reuse a lot of common events (like the bulk of the game's engine) you should make those part of your master event sheet to include in all your levels.

• just give names to your spirte like events sheet spirte's name .

• LOL, it was a really easy answer--

"Right-click inside the event sheet somewhere, and look for the "include event sheet" option in the popup. You need to do this in both event sheets, generally." 

From Alex Falkenberg from-- https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities ... 0339008777

• You already had this answer a few posts up

Also you didn't give the critical information: you want to copy ALL events from an event sheet to another, not just some of them. Anyway, you have it working now.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)