How do I Move object with regard to own rotation vs layouts

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • Hi all,

Just looking to see if there is an easy way to move an object with regard to the objects own orientation instead of along the layouts x y axis. For example, if an object was rotated 45 degrees, and I used the 8 dir movement behavior, currently the object will move straight left along the layout's x axis if I simulate left input.

I know I could just use "move at angle" action, but was wondering if there was an easier way to get movement (with acceleration, decel) identical to the objects settings for 8 dir movement behavior. Some objects I use move with regard to the layouts axis, and others I want to move with regard to their own rotation, so it would be convenient to have the same consistency of movement without trying to simulate this through too events. Thanks!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • If you want localized rotation dont use 8 direction. Use Rotate clockwise and rotate counter clockwise... The localize movement is Move Forward. Wish there was also move right and move left for strafe .

There is a car behavior too, maybe with some tweaking it will work as well.

• Ya, the rotation is fine. I need the strafing left and right with regard to objects rotation. Eh, I was hoping I was just missing a setting or something simple, I guess it's likely I'll just have to use some events for it.

• I have a solution I am uploading now, Check your PM in about 5 minutes

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)