How do I move object on curved lane?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • hey guys,

how to make the arrow move only on the curved lane using mouse drag

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I threw together a quick example for you. You can easily restrict the x position of the slider by setting the drag and drop behavior to just use the horizontal axis and then defining a maximum distance from the center of the background. To get the slider object to stay on the curved paths Y position though, you need to do some math. You'll need to figure out the radius of the circle path you want to follow. Everything else should be provided.

Construct 2

drive.google.com/file/d/1-kb24OJNNeBwANyilb4Egmu2MOgdJzp4/view

Construct 3

drive.google.com/file/d/1RYz8XO_3vOnp4fzQUoVHnk5Ojx2aY5oj/view

• Why did you post the same question in C2 and C3 forums? What version of Construct are you using?

• Hello,

Sorry, I think construct 2 and construct 3 have the same action so if I use construct 3 and I use construct action 2 it can still run. I am asking in construct 2 forum because in this 2 construct forum there are many questions about curves.

• Thanks, it's working fine. but i don't understand about math in this matter, but its ok i will learn it.

I through together a quick example for you. You can easily restrict the x position of the slider by setting the drag and drop behavior to just use the horizontal axis and then defining a maximum distance from the center of the background. To get the slider object to stay on the curved paths Y position though, you need to do some math. You'll need to figure out the radius of the circle path you want to follow. Everything else should be provided.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RYz8XO_3vOnp4fzQUoVHnk5Ojx2aY5oj/view?usp=sharing

• Thanks, it's working fine. but i don't understand about math in this matter, but its ok i will learn it.

Not sure what you mean here. The math is done for you. As I stated before, all you need is the radius. Your curve is a portion of a circle. You need to figure out what the radius of the full circle would be and set that value as the Radius variable value.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)