How do I move with a dice on a grid

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Snap to visible grid - perfect solution for any game genre
  • Hi! This is my first time using Construct 2, though I've worked with GameMaker a bit. I'm trying to make a classic boardgame in the style of 'Game of Life' or 'Monopoly'. Players roll to move, land on a square and answer a (multpile choice) question for a bonus move, collect 4 special stars at certain landing squares, and proceed to the finish line after all 4 are collected. Pretty simple on paper! So far I have a functioning player select screen (will eventually be making this multiplayer, up to 4 players).

The major problem I'm running into right now is that the player(s) need to roll a dice to determine movement, then only be able to move x squares in available directions. Part of this problem is that I am not sure if I should build the board with solid objects blocking out paths, or with an array (if possible) or some other way. I had hoped there would be some kind of snap-to-grid movement option, but if there is I haven't found it!

I'm playing around with RainbowRex's MoveTo behaviour but haven't quite figured out how to get it to work with what I need. It's kind of advanced for me, and doesn't talk about assigning movement to player 1, 2, etc.

All advice, tutorial links, etc...really really appreciated!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I am interested in this also, can someone give a hint on how to do?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)