How do I move - (back) without bug?

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Helping streamers give their viewers more excitement.
  • Hello there! So basically, either there is a huge bugg in C2 or something is wrong here.

''When D button is down''

-If Sprite is mirrored -> Sprite move forward 4 pixels

-If Sprite is NOT mirrored -> Sprite move forward -4 pixels

So. When the sprite moves forward 4 pixels its perfect and it stops at obstacles. However;

when the SPRITE is moving -4 pixels (backwards) It starts climbing up obstacles, what gives?? Bug or? Same thing happens with 'Set position to Sprite.X-2'' - it starts climbing up obstacles like walls....

Anyone?

EDIT Capx for u to try; http://www.filedropper.com/testd

• Hi,

1) Based on your description, you have a lot of errors in your design.

In order for anyone to give correction feedback you would need to share your design or at least more details related to movement.

2) In your movement description there is absolutely nothing about climbing as you can see. If you would open a brand new project and put only that event then it will do as described.

• Hi,

1) Based on your description, you have a lot of errors in your design.

In order for anyone to give correction feedback you would need to share your design or at least more details related to movement.

2) In your movement description there is absolutely nothing about climbing as you can see. If you would open a brand new project and put only that event then it will do as described.

No, it will climb. That is the problem. Try it. Keep D down untill u hit a wall.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Capx has been added.

• Hi,

Ok, sorry, so I checked and played around with your Capx and this is my feedback:

1) Your Sprite has Platform behavior and when using Arrow keys it behaves correctly (no jumping).

2) If using the D key as per your event the "jumping effect" occurs. I checked all collision lines and tried variations with other solid objects and in all cases the "jumping effect" happened.

My conclusion / advice to you:

I believe this effect happens because you are using the Move Forward action which "teleports" your Sprite 4 pixels into the solid object but since it cannot be inside a solid object there seems to be a push back effect which we see visually as "jumping effect".

To move your sprite you should not use such "teleportation" of X pixels, but you should simply say, if you do not wish to use Arrow Keys, on D key down SIMULATE CONTROL (under Platform) and choose Left if you want it to go left or right if you want it to go right, etc.

Good luck

• Hi,

Ok, sorry, so I checked and played around with your Capx and this is my feedback:

1) Your Sprite has Platform behavior and when using Arrow keys it behaves correctly (no jumping).

2) If using the D key as per your event the "jumping effect" occurs. I checked all collision lines and tried variations with other solid objects and in all cases the "jumping effect" happened.

I believe this effect happens because you are using the Move Forward action which "teleports" your Sprite 4 pixels into the solid object but since it cannot be inside a solid object there seems to be a push back effect which we see visually as "jumping effect".

To move your sprite you should not use such "teleportation" of X pixels, but you should simply say, if you do not wish to use Arrow Keys, on D key down SIMULATE CONTROL (under Platform) and choose Left if you want it to go left or right if you want it to go right, etc.

Good luck

Im using this D for a dash effect. There is no simulate left or right when it comes as an additional option dude.

• Hi,

Good luck

Hello again - bullet has the same effect. Aslong as the character is going left, it will climb over obstacles.

• Hi,

Firstly, I don't understand what you mean that the option is not there. Here is a screenshot proof of me adding it in your file:

http://prntscr.com/ft0tq8

Secondly, it is the first time you are mentioning that you are trying to do a dash move/attack. In this case I can suggest you a solution of using SIMULATE CONTROL together with increased speed for the duration of the dash (e.g. 0.25 seconds).

I am not expert enough to explain or understand the "jumping effect" but the solutions I proposed to you will do what you want without having to deal with or spend more time on trying to figure out this "jumping effect".

Good luck!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)