Mouse over problem

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Total customisation of the input! You can combine inputs from all peripherals. Make your game accessible for everyone!
  • Well, ive this game. When i male the mouse go over the sprite (An icon)

When i put the mouse over the icon, the animation plays well, when i moving the mouse elsewhere, the animation kept playin, how do i stop that?

• Hey,

If you invert the action that tells the animation to play (so it reads as - mouse is not over sprite) then give it an action like set frame to X or stop animation that should work.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Mouse > Mouse over object, play animation

System > Else, stop animation

• I've got a similar issue, but only when using multiple areas that I want to hover over and start animations, or in my case set frames of sprites when I'm mousing over.

For example, I've got 5 different sprites, each of them has two frames, and whenever I drag the mouse over each one, I want them to switch to frame 2. I've set it up a few different ways, without any luck.

As of right now, I've got it set up like this

Mouse > on cursor is over sprite1 > sprite1 > set animation frame 1

system > Else > sprite1 > Set animation to frame 0

If I try to add any more sprites into the mix, the first only the last sprite will switch frames, for example:

Mouse > on cursor is over sprite1 > sprite1 > set animation frame 1

Mouse > on cursor is over sprite2 > sprite2 > set animation frame 1

Mouse > on cursor is over sprite3 > sprite3 > set animation frame 1

system > Else > sprite1 > Set animation to frame 0

sprite2 > Set animation to frame 0

sprite3 > Set animation to frame 0

Any help would be appreciated!

• You can try this ...

system > else > trigger once > sprite1(invert) or sprite2(invert) or sprite3(invert) > set animation frame 0

'Mouse is over object' followed by 'Trigger once' is equivalent to 'On mouse in, same with the invert conditions.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)