How do I monetise an ios app?

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
The internet is bombarded daily with new apps (app is the short term for application)
  • Hi,

I tried searching but mostly stumble upon really old topics.

So... Do any of you successfully implemented ads for ios game? Can you share experience, point to right plugins/tutorials?

• Hi tavi,

I'm studying a master on mobile marketing and one of the things they taught us is how does monetization work. To put it simple, if your app doesn't have enough traffic, it won't be profitable to go through all the ad implementing issues. It will just make you lessen your downloads due to a "bad" UX. Even though, if you think your app is ready, then go along and implement an ad network SDK into your app, it could be AdMob's, Chartboost... Lately though, there's been an indie community that monetizes connecting to more than 30 ad network, resulting in better CPM's, they're called Tappx, and they're a start up that really seems to be worth investing in haha From what I talked with them, they just do that with people with enough traffic to monetize and be profitable. Same story as always. Anyway, hope my small explanation helped you in some way.

• LauraH

I didn't mean that.

I was asking how can I put ads into the game made with construct. Specifically the fullscreen iAds. There is a plugin made by CranberryCordova, but I don't really get how to implement it.

• Oh sorry then

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • LauraH

I didn't mean that.

I was asking how can I put ads into the game made with construct. Specifically the fullscreen iAds. There is a plugin made by CranberryCordova, but I don't really get how to implement it.

The cranberry plugin works fine in iOS apps when using AdMob. However, like you, I would like to use iAd "full page ads". I know banner iAd ads are supported but they generate little revenue. Full page ads are the way yo go.

Unfortunately, despite repeated requests, neither the Construct devs ( Ashley ) nor the community appear to know how to do this or if its even possible.

If you find an answer, please respond.

• > LauraH

> The cranberry plugin works fine in iOS apps when using AdMob. However, like you, I would like to use iAd "full page ads". I know banner iAd ads are supported but they generate little revenue. Full page ads are the way yo go.

>

> Unfortunately, despite repeated requests, neither the Construct devs ( Ashley ) nor the community appear to know how to do this or if its even possible.

>

> If you find an answer, please respond.

>

I managed to add fullscreen ads with Frosty Elk plugin. Find his plugin in the plugin section in this website. However sometimes the ads (or plugin) considerably slow down the game when the "banner is created".

• Thanks Tavi. All these months later and still no response from ASHLEY.

I would appreciate a 'we're not going to work on this' just so that I can move on and not keep looking for an answer that does not exist.

• JLH1964 tavi I am close to getting my game ported to iOS.

I always wanted to know if teh revenue from using iAd is better than adMob? I am using crannyberry's adMob plugin on Android. Since it support banner and fullscreen on Apple as weel I was wondering if I can generate good revenue compared to iAd?

• JLH1964 tavi I am close to getting my game ported to iOS.

I always wanted to know if teh revenue from using iAd is better than adMob? .....

I wouldnt know. After months and months of asking, Ashley never responded.

It's a moot point now as iAds recently announced theyre folding up.

Who would have thought a question from a paying customer would go that long unanswered that the business would fold before getting feedback

• > JLH1964 tavi I am close to getting my game ported to iOS.

>

> I always wanted to know if teh revenue from using iAd is better than adMob? .....

>

I wouldnt know. After months and months of asking, Ashley never responded.

It's a moot point now as iAds recently announced theyre folding up.

Who would have thought a question from a paying customer would go that long unanswered that the business would fold before getting feedback

lol thats funny

SO I better stick with Admob.

BTW, when I export using Cordova (for iOS), I dont see any reference for AdMob plugin in the additions.xml file.

Will Admob work on iOS without an explicit reference? Or do I need to add it using Plugin Manager?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)