mobile screen resolution with cocoonjs

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Is a circular loading screen with code ready to use. No Animation.
  • Hello!

I'm looking for a tutorial explaining how to deal with multiple screen resolutions & aspect ratios with construct 2 & cocoonjs on mobile devices.

I know there are some small "tutorials", or advices but none of them seem to explain it step by step in an understandingly way.

If some of you, who solved this issue, whould make a tutorial it whould be very awesome. Many people are wondering how to achieve this and whould be thankful.

Thanks

• No one has a solution?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I've included a template you can use to make your game with... It will scale to all sorts of screens.

Draw everything inside the blue area..

• Read this tutorial: https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/73/supporting-multiple-screen-sizes

Short version: Use Scale Outer or Scale Inner for resolution/aspect ratio and Anchor behavior for the HUD elements

• Read this tutorial: https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/73/supporting-multiple-screen-sizes

Short version: Use Scale Outer or Scale Inner for resolution/aspect ratio and Anchor behavior for the HUD elements

That is the best way above, but perhaps more time intensive than what you need every time.

My quick and dirty preference is:

(and this is not with coccoonjs!)

Screen resolution: 480x720

Fullscreen in Browser: Letterbox Scale (not integer!)

This will give you minimal black bars on the screen as it is a midrange setting. I'd rather have a little bit of black bars on the side (if any) than have the screen look a way it is not intended or show something outside the program window which could make it look really bad. Like I said, it's quick and dirty, but not bad. I believe people are a lot more interested in the look of something and what it does than whether or not you used every pixel on the screen doing it. Of course if every pixel counts and you are doing one program to be used by MULTIPLE viewing screens then be ready to program for every situation-and good luck with that!

• > Read this tutorial: https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/73/supporting-multiple-screen-sizes

>

> Short version: Use Scale Outer or Scale Inner for resolution/aspect ratio and Anchor behavior for the HUD elements

>

That is the best way above, but perhaps more time intensive than what you need every time.

My quick and dirty preference is:

Screen resolution: 480x720

Fullscreen in Browser: Letterbox Scale (not integer!)

This will give you minimal black bars on the screen as it is a midrange setting. I'd rather have a little bit of black bars on the side (if any) than have the screen look a way it is not intended or show something outside the program window which could make it look really bad. Like I said, it's quick and dirty, but not bad. I believe people are a lot more interested in the look of something and what it does than whether or not you used every pixel on the screen doing it. Of course if every pixel counts, be ready to program for every situation-and good luck with that!

CocoonJS does not support letterbox scale, and will revert to scale outer by default

Also supporting multiple screen size is something that people should look into I think, some games it can be really simple, others a little more complicated, and other just impossible, being able to think about it is still nice

• That is true...and I wish Scirra would fix that.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)