How do I Mirror a Sprite without Platform Behavior

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
In this template the music plays without looping in your game
  • Hi, I'm creating a point-and-click game and decided to use the pathfinder behavior for this, but the problem is I can't find a way to get the sprite to mirror when moving towards the left of the screen. I thought I could use the sprites angle of movement as a condition for this but don't find the option to do so. Any ideas on how to do this?

• You can use this plugin for example:

But I would just add platform behavior, disable it and only use mirror action.

Or add another flipped frame/animation to the sprite and switch to it.

PS: I just realized that "Set mirrored" action is available without the Platform behavior. So my whole answer is moot

• Thanks for the link, but I just thought of a simple solution.

I just created another sprite, called it Location and in the event sheet made it so that its position is wherever one clicks on the screen. Then compare the X of the character sprite to the X of the location and if Character.X is grater than Location.X then mirror the Character sprite. I'll try the plugin another time, it might even be easier than this turnaround.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I don't think you need that Location sprite just for its X coordinate

Simply check if Character.X is greater than Mouse.x

Or create a variable "locationX" and when mouse is clicked set locationX=Mouse.X

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)