How to mirror only some animations, but not all

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • How to mirror only some animations, but not all of them in the same character?

For example, I have a character, where he will jump and double jump. The double jump will use 3 frames, one to begin, one to rotate 360� and one to release the pose.

The 360� will use the same frame, so, I want to use the scripts to make this frame rotate 360�, without the need to draw it doing the animation.

So, if I put the auto-mirror ON, it always change his facing, how do you workaround it?

• In the events where you say "On right pressed - set Player angle to 0" and "On left pressed etc etc", add a condition that says "Player - Animation doublejump is NOT playing". That way, you'll still face the same direction during that animation.

• Thanks SullyTheStrange, I'll try it out today =]

-----

Tried it out, but where is this option? I did Player - animation is playing > stop animation;

Do you can paste the code here?

• When you right click a condition, you can "Invert" it.

So test "Animation 'Name' is playing" and invert it.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I did a sample

igmbrasil.com/forum/Uploads/sandbox

This is working nice now, but I have another problem, hahahah. Well, no worry, it need more time thinking on it and how to make a smart system.

Kyatric

How the "Invert" condition work? If I make a condition to change the animation and make it invert, the animation will begin from the end or will flip/mirror the sprites?

• Condition "Animation 'Name' is playing" inverted means "the condition will be true when the animation "Name" is NOT playing".

Any condition can be inverted and results in its "opposite"/negation.

• Condition "Animation 'Name' is playing" inverted means "the condition will be true when the animation "Name" is NOT playing".

Any condition can be inverted and results in its "opposite"/negation.

Nice, it's very nice, very very nice.

Thanks.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)