Menu grid concept help

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
Snap to visible grid - perfect solution for any game genre
  • I'm setting up a menu with WASD controls to navigate, so you go in whatever direction. I have 1 menu object with many frames (to call an event when its selected) And that menu object has 2 variables. MenuselectedRL (Right to left) and MenuSelectedUD (Up and down) ; then I have 2 global variables that are the same, its always set to the Menu objects variables. It works great! But like in many good games my menu has tabs for different things, an inventory, options, skills. I cant get this to work while on other tabs. Heres what I need to figure out-

-Get the WASD navigation to work on all tabs, not just the first. When I change tab (set a layer visible/invisable)(Some layers contain the entire tab) The navigation gets all wonky. Following the positions of the tab that opens on the start. I cant get is to navigate with the newly visible tab.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Capx- Its very messy and there are LOTS of events, if you need help finding events let me know. Don't spread screenshots or anything around cause its a game in development.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mtgyqwp4buvkg ... .capx?dl=0

• Its easy...look

use my code and just add a variable to MENU to verify the selection ... the columns are infinite, vertical, up and down and the rows I made them with left and right stop ... I hope it serves you for what you need.

• This looks like exactly what I need! Thank you so much! Do you have a capx for it?

• This looks like exactly what I need! Thank you so much! Do you have a capx for it?

By own decision I do not share the .capx and I send the screenshots and a gif showing how it is ... the idea is that you do it and you can learn and improve ... just for this time I will send you the .capx

mediafire.com/file/p2b4594b63k8r7h/menuTYPEbyNECRONOMICRON.capx

• I totally understand, its cause I don't know what some of the events actually are, makes it hard to find them and figure things out. Thank you again!

EDIT- Taking a closer look.. Its actually exactly what I did before. The exact same code with just a few cleaner changes :'D I dont know why I didnt realise that until seeing the capx

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I totally understand, its cause I don't know what some of the events actually are, makes it hard to find them and figure things out. Thank you again!

EDIT- Taking a closer look.. Its actually exactly what I did before. The exact same code with just a few cleaner changes :'D I dont know why I didnt realise that until seeing the capx

and what were you failing then ... do not you have to know how to find the exact position within the menu? the "For Each" and "LoopIndex"?

I dont see you .capx., but I'm glad that you serve what I send

• Im failing at getting it work on different tabs. To change a tab I just have my events set to make different layers visible, when I use my WASD controls it follows where the original object was instead of the new ones. The Capx is in my original post.

• USE "FAMILY" AND ONE MENU FOR TAB, A VARIABLE TO ACTIVE OR DEACTIVE MENU

• I dont understand what the screenshot is showing me or what you mean by family and one menu for tab..

• I dont understand what the screenshot is showing me or what you mean by family and one menu for tab..

PUT IT LIKE THIS AND IT WORKS LIKE 4 TABS AND 4 OPTIONS ... ONLY YOU NAVIGATE BETWEEN THE TABS IN THE TOP ... IN 1.1,1,2,1,3,1.4

• Bump, still need help with this, anyone. I didn't understand whats been said already Edited to show what I need

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)