memory use problem

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Memory game, with 10 levels for you to have fun. Made in Construct3, template available for purchase.
  • what. I visited the forum a bit. They call it ideal memory usage 50 to 60mb. how do you do that Even half of my game is not over. but it uses 200 mb. why so much :( What game can be made with 60mb?

• Hi,

You might have read that 50 - 60 mb recommendation from an older post. These days most hand held devices have at least 1 gb of ram, computers and newer phones certainly have much more.

You can decrease your memory usage mostly by trying to limit the size and number of different objects. Try to use many smaller sprites rather than a few big ones and try to use duplicates of sprites when possible.

• Okay but my game is a text based game (like bitlife) and there is no animation. and I'm not even half the game. Despite that, he now writes 47mb. By deleting some files I downloaded from 200. but when the game is over it will definitely increase. because I don't even have any audio files. My items don't have images.

It also writes 47 mb, but when you remove it with cordova, the folder says 6 mb. which one should I consider?

• Ah ok, you mean the download size, not RAM usage.

Purely text based game should definitely not use that that much space. Do you use many different sprite fonts?

• My game was also over 200MB memory use, but then i found the problem was the window size, when I made the window size smaller, the memory use drop to 48MB

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • My game was also over 200MB memory use, but then i found the problem was the window size, when I made the window size smaller, the memory use drop to 48MB

my windows size 480,640 :(

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)