How do I measure the weight of objects?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Welcome! I-Spy (Hidden objects) is an educational puzzle that is more than just seek-and-find activities.
  • I am making a sprite in Construct 2 that is shaped like a bowl. And I want to spawn objects into it that changes the weight of the bowl. Any ideas how to do this, and some advices how to start? I guess, I should be using the physics plugin, but from there I'm not sure.

So in other words, I want the physics objects to stay inside the bowl, but keep it's physics behaviour.

capx

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I would give the bowl and the objects a weight variable and then when an object is spawned, just add the object's weight to the bowl's weight. No need for physics.

• I would give the bowl and the objects a weight variable and then when an object is spawned, just add the object's weight to the bowl's weight. No need for physics.

Ha-ha..best advice. Too easy for me to come up with...thanks man!

Is there a way to make physics object don't fall through solid objects.

• "Is there a way to make physics object don't fall through solid objects."

Yes, you need to make them physics objects as well.

• Is there a way to make physics object don't fall through solid objects.

From the Manual:

[quote:k08fkqmx]Physics won't respond to objects with the Solid or Jumpthru behaviors. These behaviors are totally redundant when using Physics and have no effect. Instead, use the Immovable property.

• Thanks guys. I used the immovable propery according to the manual. Works great.

I have one slight problem with the weight part though. How can I measure the weight of the bowl? Or to say it in another word: how to check if the objects are in the bowl (if the bowl is filled with objects over the rims, they are still a part of the weight).

• Updated with capx to show what I got so far. The immovable property isn't really the right way to go I think.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)