Match3game question

0 favourites
  • 1 posts
  • Hi everyone,

I've recently completed the excellent Match3Tutorial by David Silverman (http://gamedev.tutsplus.com/tutorials/from-scratch/make-a-match-3-game-in-construct-2-the-basics/) and I wanted to make a variation on it, but I ran into some trouble.

I'm trying to make the blocks respawn at the top of the field after making a match, instead of disappear (just like it works in games like PuzzleQuest).

Right now I do that by moving the blocks upwards (instead of destroying them), but after that has happened, the moved blocks do not behave properly anymore (they do not match or swap properly anymore and start overlapping other blocks). I've been spending quite some time on trying to fix it (trying it by actually respawning the blocks, and changing code around) but without any success. I'm not sure where to go from here, any help would be greatly appreciated:

You can find my capx file here:

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/132377043/Match3Game.capx

And play it directly here:

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/132377043/Match3Game/index.html

(the changes I made, compared to the tutorial, can be found in line 23. The destroy action has been replaced by the move action, changing the color, and setting the Ismatched instance variable to false).

Again, any help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Koen

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)