Massive amount of sprites: memory & performance tips?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Firebase: Analytics, Dynamic Links, Remote Config, Performance, Crashlytics on Android, iOS & Web Browser
  • I'm sure you guys are familiar with games that have a huge amount of collectable cards/characters/monsters, games like pokemon, hearthstone, puzzle and dragons etc.

How should I go about storing several cards/characters in Construct 2? I was planning on just having one sprite and giving it hundreds of animations or frames (1 per character) which would make it easy to call the right cards from an array but then again I feel like dealing with that one sprite would be extremely heavy on performance.

Many (mobile) games with collectables seem to not store all the characters in the game file but load the sprites when needed from a server. I believe this is possible with AJAX object in C2, right? I don't have any experiance with that though.

• Construct has the "load image from url" option, which might suit you..

Just add the images as project files and load them into your sprite(s) when needed..

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Construct has the "load image from url" option, which might suit you..

Just add the images as project files and load them into your sprite(s) when needed..

Oh wow, that's actually way easier than I thought it would be. Funny how I've used C2 for over a year and never noticed sprites could do that.

Thanks a lot!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)