Making Rooms for an Arena Shooter and Spawn Points that Move

0 favourites
  • 1 posts
From the Asset Store
Make your own platformer for both the web and mobile easy with this Santas Platformer Template, FULLY DOCUMENTED
  • Hello, I am sad to say I'm pretty much in over my head here. I'm trying to make rooms for my arena shooter game (think Smash TV), where the player enters the room, a number of waves of enemies spawn, and the player exits through one of my pre-set points when they're all dead. I've found a wave spawning system that works perfectly, with one fatal flaw: The spawn boxes move with the camera as they should because they're on a 0 parallax layer... but the enemies still spawn at their original spots. Additionally, the zone ID instance variable controls what spawns in each room, but it doesn't update upon moving between rooms. I could use some help with both of these issues because I've got no idea what to do.

Here is a download link to my CAPX file. Use WASD to move and arrow keys to shoot. Move all the way to the right side of the screen to switch from the first room (zone ID 0) to the second room (zone ID 1). In order to get the wave to spawn in the second room, you have to move outside the layout and move back in.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)