Making Rex Gravitation tangential/normal gravity?

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Make your own platformer for both the web and mobile easy with this Santas Platformer Template, FULLY DOCUMENTED
  • Hey guys. I'm experimenting with Rev_Gravitation plugin and I want to use it in a different way if possible.

I want to convert it's gravity only 1 direction.

What is happening right now:

^What I want to happen

Is this possible?

• That plugin is a add on the regular physics plugin.

Just dont use it ?

• That plugin is a add on the regular physics plugin.

Just dont use it ?

It is. But I want a degree of control over gravity that the standard physics plugin just doesn't offer.

The alternative is using vectors and I don't want to have to deal with that.

This plugin offers the first step by making you choose your gravity source. It's just a matter of transferring the sprite (and in my case, Normalizing the gravity) to control gravity.

• Hello rexrainbow . Got a suggestion for this example?

• If the 'degree of control' means up/down ... you can set the gravity to negative. But i suppose you really want angles.

Using the plugin you could give each sprite a 'helper object' that gets positioned on a distance and with the right angle. And make one source, the other target, although i dont know if they are personal in the plugin. Dont know if that works.

Besides that. Using regular physics for that is not really difficult. Dont need vectors. Gravity is just and no more then a force applied every tick. So, if you apply a force under an angle every tick, you created gravity.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Besides that. Using regular physics for that is not really difficult. Dont need vectors. Gravity is just and no more then a force applied every tick. So, if you apply a force under an angle every tick, you created gravity.

I suppose. Actually I've already done this using regular force.

I'm just being a lazy mofo by refusing to recreate my previous example.

• That behavior is designed to give a force point to one or more instances, not a force point to an angle, sorry.

Sure it is possible to create another behavior to reach to your requirement, but I don't have time recently.

• That behavior is designed to give a force point to one or more instances, not a force point to an angle, sorry.

Sure it is possible to create another behavior to reach to your requirement, but I don't have time recently.

No problem. Thank you.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)