Losing Sound for Windows Phone

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Best soundtracks for any game. High quality and engaging assets.
  • I'm not sure if this is a bug or something that I might be doing wrong.

When I export my Construct 2 game using the Universal 8.1+ (VS2013.2) and then install my game on my Windows Phone, the sounds work perfectly. Unfortunately, I need to export my game using Windows Phone 8.0 (VS2012 for Phone) so I can use Microsoft's Ad SDK to do In Game Ads (as I believe you cannot do this today w/ the Universal 8.1 export w/ Windows Phone w/ Microsoft's PubCenter). If I go that route, I lose ALL SOUND on my Windows Phone. Below is the summary.

Sounds

I have 2 sounds... 1 for Game Music that loops... 1 for laser sound when I tap the screen

Using VS 2012 w/ Windows Phone 8.0 Export

If I play the game in the browser (from Construct 2) I rec' all sounds working perfectly

If I play the game using the VS 2012 Emulator I end up losing my Game Music Sound but I get my shooting sound when I tap

If I play the game on my actual Windows Phone, I lose ALL sound. No sounds ever play

Using VS 2013 w/ Universal 8.1 Export

If I play the game in the browser (from Construct 2) I rec' all sounds working perfectly

If I play the game using the VS 2012 Emulator I rec' all sounds working perfectly

If I play the game on my actual Windows Phone, I rec' all sounds working perfectly

Any ideas on why that is???? This is my final step to publish my game.

Thanks!

Stephen

• If you are going to use windows phone 8.0 then you need to look at thehen's plugin and tutorial for Windows Phone 8 plugin. You need to use wav files directly and there are some other issues that you will solve by using his methods as well. http://www.scirra.com/forum/plugin-windows-phone-updated-new-tutorial_t78325

• I did a quick test w/ the plug in... it didn't work. I didn't do all of the "function" stuff as I'm not concerned w/ other platforms... but used the Windows Phone play control. Not sure if I'm missing something.

I actually closed that project, created a new project that only played a sound on start of layout. That didn't work either.

I'm going to go back and re-read the article to see if I missed anything... but, with the plug in it seems pretty straight forward. Not sure what I'm missing. Pretty bummed about it as this is the last piece to figure out.

Thanks for the link... I'm about to go through it again.

• I think I have everything right based on the instructions... in fact, I just downloaded the "Windows Phone Tutorial Finished" exported it using the Windows 8.0 (VS 2012), loaded VS 2012 Express, added the .wav files to the /media folder and tried both the Emulator and Device deployment... I don't get any sound from thehen's app either.

I do get sound if l launch the game from Construct 2 (in the browser).

Very odd (and a little frustrating)

• I cannot figure this thing out... I have recreated a small test project w/ CAPX file as well as my VS 2012 file if anyone would be willing to glance at it. Pretty simple app. Launch it and it plays background music. Touch Blue Sprite object and it fires a laser. Works in Browser, not on WP Emulator or WP Device.

Here is the link. http://1drv.ms/1pW5Phs

• Try posting on thread in the plugin post and he is usually good about reaching out.

• yep, he's followed up. Figured it out... I wasn't using his template Project folder. I was using my Export project. That seems to fix it... not sure what his magic sauce is... but, that did the TRICK. Much thanks to Also thanks for keeping in touch. I'll be putting the finishing touches on tonight... hoping to submit to the WP Store.

Thanks again!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • yep, he's followed up. Figured it out... I wasn't using his template Project folder. I was using my Export project. That seems to fix it... not sure what his magic sauce is... but, that did the TRICK. Much thanks to Also thanks for keeping in touch. I'll be putting the finishing touches on tonight... hoping to submit to the WP Store.

Thanks again!

Hi

My English it's not very good but I have exactly the same problem that you had.

Can you tell me how do you solved it?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)