Lose progress when updating?

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Progress\Loading Bar. Now Load you game like a Professional.
  • Hi, noob here.

Finally approaching first upload of a game to kongregate...

It has a series of levels, you unlock them, get stars etc (sound familiar?).

I've set it to use the system save function, so players can save their progress between sessions.

My question is this:

What happens when I update the game with more levels and re-upload it to kongregate as a new version? I'm presuming this is how it works...

Is the saved instance tied to the version, so they would lose everything and have to start again?

Any guidance on this would be great, thanks.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi, noob here.

Finally approaching first upload of a game to kongregate...

It has a series of levels, you unlock them, get stars etc (sound familiar?).

I've set it to use the system save function, so players can save their progress between sessions.

My question is this:

What happens when I update the game with more levels and re-upload it to kongregate as a new version? I'm presuming this is how it works...

Is the saved instance tied to the version, so they would lose everything and have to start again?

Any guidance on this would be great, thanks.

depends how you make the system of the savegame... I suggest to use different savegame from "save" (on system) , like an array or something like this...

for example, if your save in the database, you know how you can use the information for the game... you need to "study" the method to menage the levels...

I suggest to think for the final project... if your game has 30 levels, you should think (and if I would like to put new levels on? how I can put in the future?) basically is very easy...

remember, the save from system can be deleted if someone clean the cache of the browser

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)