Looping music with intro

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
6 looping tracks to use in your games and projects. These tracks are in the style of the 1960s detective movie genre.
  • Okay! This has been asked a few times over the years by various people and I don't know if anybody has ever proposed a solution that works reliably, so I'm going to ask once more: I'd like to have music in my game that loops seamlessly but also has a non-repeating intro. What is the best, most reliable way to get this working perfectly? Did anybody ever figure it out?

• So what exactly is the problem? You can start Intro and Main music at the same time, immediately pause Main music and when Intro ends, unpause Main.

Audio Play "Intro" with tag "Intro"
    Audio Play "Main" with tag "Main" (looping)
    Audio pause tag "Main" 

Audio on "Intro" ended -> Resume "Main"

• Thanks for the reply. Have you actually tried this? Sometimes you get a little tiny pause or a gap and it's not always completely seamless.

• I guess there is no 100% solution, it all depends on the music.

With some music tracks a tiny gap should not be such an issue.

With others you can try fading out the intro and fading in the main track.

Or you can overlap them a little bit - start the main music 0.5 seconds before the intro ends.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I guess there is no 100% solution, it all depends on the music.

With some music tracks a tiny gap should not be such an issue.

With others you can try fading out the intro and fading in the main track.

Or you can overlap them a little bit - start the main music 0.5 seconds before the intro ends.

Yikes! I think I owe you sort of an apology. I just tried your method again with some test files and it actually works perfectly now as far as I can tell. I thought I tried this already? But never mind, THANK YOU for your help :)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)