Looking for a Solution to 'Overlapping' Objects

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Welcome! I-Spy (Hidden objects) is an educational puzzle that is more than just seek-and-find activities.
  • So I have this project I'm working on,

tl-dr; a mini project that consist of drag and drop into invisible regions and places the object there. Example: Apple into Shelve1, Shelve2, Orange into Shelve1, Shelve2

(IM SORRY, im quite desperate and have done researches, couldn't find anyone that helps)

a brief description of my work, i have Instances: Apple, ApplePlaced, Shelve1, Orange, OrangePlaced, Shelve2. (There are many Apple and Oranges)

Dragging in the Orange to OrangeShelve will Destroy the Orange, and Create the OrangePlaced at the position of OrangeShelve, and then Score+5

Dragging in the Apple to OrangeShelve will Destroy the Apple, and Score-5

Dragging in the Apple to OrangeShelve with OrangePlaced will Destroy the Apple and Score-5

(This is my problem) However, whenever it's a right decision, it plays a 'Ding!', and if it's wrong, it plays a wrong sound. And the "Dragging Apple into OrangePlaced" gives both sound because the way I'm doing is Apple Overlap OrangePlaced, Destroy Apple, Destroy ApplePlaced, Subtract Score by 10

P.S. I CANT USE CONDITIONS LIKE THESE

'Apple Overlap Shelve1'

'Is Not Overlap OrangePlaced'

for the 'Right Placement' as I have many other fruits and shelves which will multiply the score.

I'm a student who learn programming, I am totally new to construct 2 and have no one else I could ask help from.

My Idea of thoughts are like,

If (Apple Overlap OrangePlaced OR PearPlaced OR MelonPlaced) {

----Destroy Apple;

----Create Apple at Start Position;

----Score-5;

----Play Audio(WRONG);

}

Else //(Apple does not Overlap any of those mentioned) {

----Destroy Apple;

----Create ApplePlaced at LayerX (XXX, XXX)

----Score+5;

----Play Audio(CORRECT);

}

Please bear with me and help me out, any solution to the problem I facing? ):

EDIT 1: I'm using Drag Drop, and it shows.. Else (Not Valid Here). So.. im back to square1 again...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi !

first of all my english is not gud

but my solution is base on what i understand

suggestion is

do not destroy them

just make animation frames like

1) OrangePlaced & Shelve2

2) ApplePlaced & Shelve1

when apple overlap Apple placed change animation frame Shelve to ApplePlaced

I hope it helps you

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)