How long can videos be in a game?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Full game Construct 2 and Construct 3 to post on Google Play
  • This is actually really important. I am thinking about purchasing the game because I need to be able to export the file to my computer. Upon exporting to my computer, is there a restriction on how long videos in the game can be? I need to make some pretty long cut scenes, I have had issues playing long videos when running the game in HTML. But I assume that exporting to my computer would be different. If anyone knows how long or big video files can be in games exported to the computer, please.... I would like any help I can get.

• Not that I know of. I am not sure that it is wise to use long unskippable cutscenes in games in general though.

The issues that you experience probably depend on the JavaScript player that you are using, file size, your internet connection speed, etc.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thank you for responding. Okay, good. I'm glad to hear I shouldn't have a problem making long cut scenes. I have a big vision for this game, I have been planning on making it for a very long time now. And I am getting lots of help on it. I see so much potential in Construct 2 because it's simple and easy to use and since I am not a programmer, it makes it possible for guys like me to make awesome things. So once again, thank you.

• Thank you for responding. Okay, good. I'm glad to hear I shouldn't have a problem making long cut scenes. I have a big vision for this game, I have been planning on making it for a very long time now. And I am getting lots of help on it. I see so much potential in Construct 2 because it's simple and easy to use and since I am not a programmer, it makes it possible for guys like me to make awesome things. So once again, thank you.

Yea, I love Construct. It gave me a less-harsh introduction to JavaScript as a language. I have high expectations for Construct3. The sky's the limit for Scirra, and I could easily see them competing with the likes of Google in the enterprise web development arena.

• gumshoe2029

Hey, I have another question. I followed a platform game tutorial on this site and I'm done with the game layout for now, I made a main menu, and I am now working on making a pause menu. My question is, when switching layouts (by pressing "quit" on the pause menu, or pressing "play" on the main menu) how do I make sure the game stops the layout that is not being used? For instance, when I quit the game, and return back to it, the pause menu is still up. The character reset and my progress wasn't saved, which is good.. but the pause menu and the texts are still there. Why does it do this? How do I get rid of the pause menu and make sure the layout has stopped and will fully restart when I go back to play? Any help would be much appreciated.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)