Locking orientation and signed APKs on crosswalk

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
  • Hi Guys,

I've been working on a project for a few weeks with the intention of releasing it for android with the CocoonJS wrapper, but I hit a brick wall with it and after not being able to find a solution (I'm sure you'll be able to find my previous posts around here) I've decided to give up and try using crosswalk. I would just like to know if there is a way to test out my apps without streaming them over wifi? I would like to see how the game would work as an APK.

When a project is compiled on CocoonJS, you are supplied with both a signed and unsigned APK and I used the former to test the game on my device (that is also how I discovered my unfixable problem), does Crosswalk feature a similar function? Also while previewing my game over WiFi I noticed that the game's orientation wasn't locked. My game is designed for landscape screens, is there any way to achieve this on Crosswalk? Finally I noticed that there was a status bar at the top of the screen that interfered with the game's UI. Is there any way to get rid of that?

Thanks guys

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • is there a reson you need to use a unsigned APK?

to make crosswalk stay in landscape in C2 at the browser object and there is a action to lock orientation just put it on a start of layout event

in the XDK in the crosswalk setting you have to set hide status bar

• my mistake, I meant a signed APK rather than unsigned!

• ok yeah by default the XDK signs your APKs but you can set it not to

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)