Loading text/copy text from MS Word document into project

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
With this template you can create your own archer game and customize it however you want.
  • So.. I have a lot of text, which I would like to display in C2.

Its not totally fancy text, but there is some formatting.

I have attached a small example of how the text could look in word.

Imagine that i have A LOT of text. e.g. i have that snippet you see 30 times or so.

Is there a way to either load it automatically, or copy paste it to somewhere or something? I am ok with some intermediare layer. I do not need to load the word file directly into C2.

It is not that important that the fonts are the same, i just want to make sure that there is a difference between the headlines and other text.

I want to display that text in a C2 app. What is the best way to go about that? All suggestions are very welcome

Edit:

I cant attach word docs apparently... but some text like this is what i am talking about:

Headline 1

Alot of different text… Alot of different text… Alot of different text… Alot of different text… Alot of different text… Alot of different text… Alot of different text… Alot of different text…

Alot of different text… Alot of different text… Alot of different text… Alot of different text…

Alot of different text… Alot of different text… Alot of different text… Alot of different text…

Headline 2

text

- Option 1

- You could also

- Some more text

Text text

• In scope

• Not in socpe

• Strange text

Headline 3

Some more text, and it keeps on running.

• cvp I don't know if you can really do that.

Check out the C2 Manual for Text Boxes, Sprite Fonts, and Web Fonts. You will have to copy the plain text into one of the controls for these features, and then mess with the styling again. You could also load the text from a plain text file.

Also this article tut: https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/328/us ... onstruct-2

And this one https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/807/ho ... -game-talk

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • i have looked at both of those tuts.

I could live with copy/pasting big chunks of text to a temporary location to make this work.

I just dont want to copy headlines and text separate into something. That will be a HUGE task.

I basically just want to display some text information for each item that i have from a different source. I was just thinking that someone must have done that before me.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)