Loading a Sprite Image from a File via Events

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Forget about default textbox restrictions, you can create sprites atop of the textbox
  • Hi all,

Just a quick newbie question. Right now I have five different sprite images in five different files (as opposed to a sheet) in the same folder as the project file, and I'm trying to make a Sprite change from one of the picture files to another using the event/action system. I've already tried the following with no success:

sprite | Set animation to "filename.jpg" (play from beginning) sprite | Set animation to "./filename.jpg" (play from beginning) sprite | Set animation to ".//filename.jpg" (play from beginning) sprite | Load image from "filename.jpg" (Keep current size) sprite | Load image from "./filename.jpg" (Keep current size) sprite | Load image from ".//filename.jpg" (Keep current size)

My current hypothesis is that I might need to add the files to the "Project" window tab under the "Files" subfolder first. Worst case I can throw all the images into a sheet and use those related commands, but I was trying to keep things "simple" (in my opinion at least...). Thanks in advance for any advice!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Fixed! Imported the files and now the Sprites change with the line:

sprite | Load image from "filename.jpg" (Keep current size)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)