Loading a game save on opening of the app

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
Is a circular loading screen with code ready to use. No Animation.
  • Hey guys, I have a question about a game save am setting up with the "Local Storage" feature of the game.. It all works if I set a button that says "Load gamesave" as seen below;

But if I do this;

it doesn't want to work, what am I doing wrong? If anything at all.. I don't mind having a "Load gamesave" button in the game, it's just a hassle if the player has to press the button every single time he or she launches it on their Laptop or Mobile Phone.

Has anyone got any pointers as to what I could do about this please? Any advice would be much appreciated.

P.s: My "Level Select" has now been resolved and I sorted it out myself with a few easy steps, frames and much testing.

Thanks.

• Is it just me or does everyone that read my Threads not know how to sort this out ? I've tried with KEYS, with the CHECK ITEM EXISTS, GET ITEM, SET ITEM and nothing. Come on guys, you help everyone else out.

• well do you have a load button at the title screen of your game? where the player can click and then the saved state & level is loaded.

• well do you have a load button at the title screen of your game? where the player can click and then the saved state & level is loaded.

I do, but the problem I am facing right now is that the "SAVE" and "LOAD" features save and load EVERYTHING that has been done so far, the sprites, colors, variables etc. I don't want it to do that. I want it to only load the variables such as the current_level, score and so on. This will make it so much easier not just for myself, but for people playing the game in the near future.

• yeah the thing is you have to save each stuff separately and then with the load buton you just load the last state of the game with the saved individual stuffs

normally when the layout is loading you load also the last save with your separate stuff saved, you do the same when you die, and when you reach a save point etc etc

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • yeah the thing is you have to save each stuff separately and then with the load buton you just load the last state of the game with the saved individual stuffs

normally when the layout is loading you load also the last save with your separate stuff saved, you do the same when you die, and when you reach a save point etc etc

So I can't really load the games current_level and score individually ?

• yes you can you have to save each stuff separately and then load their values at the start of your selected level

• Can you point me in the right direction on how to do that?

• try this

it's a lot of tutorials on youtube

• try this it's a lot of tutorials on youtube

Will check it out after I've finished these few things, thanks.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)