Any way to load locally stored files at runtime?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
  • Is there any way to load files (images, sound effects, music) from a local HDD at runtime? I know a file menu will require some more work and possibly a plugin, but right now I would be more than happy to load files through a bunch of textboxes.

I've already tried "load image from URL" (Load Image from textbox.text) but that doesn't really seem to work.

Ideally, I would want to load all files through my own little editor and save them in a way that makes it easy to be loaded by an adventure interpreter I'm also working on (also developed in Construct2).

• Bump.

Directing "Load image from file " to "file:///C:/imagename.png"

yields no result.

Is this because of the AJAX limitations?

• Yes, you can't just load any file from someone else computer ;)

I don't think there's any other way than a manual import

You could make it more user-friendly with this kind of thing though

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I'm unable to download the CAPX for now. But if I understand this correctly, this plugin would allow me to drop graphics directly into the browser window/node webkit application.

If this is the case, it would be a more than welcome addition to my Adventure Engine project.

I want the editor suite of GOAE (short for Grand Old Adventure Engine -- the original engine was done in the wanning days of MS-DOS. Unfortunately, I seem to have lost the source code. Which is a real shame, considering the tricks I had to pull off to get transparency working back then.) to be as discernible as possible.

• Alright.

Tried it and it works splendidly.

Thanks for telling me about this, unarguably great, plugin.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)