Linux having problems running the game only in steam.

0 favourites
  • 1 posts
From the Asset Store
Vintage steam pixels for your UI! 125 unique assets in a single pack!
  • People can play my game on linux running the same game files outside of steam but they get errors when trying to play it through steam itself.

Is there something I have to do to make it run properly when going through steam?

some comments I got:

"yes, I can reproduce this (gentoo ~amd64, xfce4, nvidia-drivers-361.18, GTX 980 Ti).

does nothing when launched from steam, works from commandline.

commandline snip:

$ ./eternalstep

[19075:0115/165216:ERROR:browser_main_loop.cc(170)] Running without the SUID sandbox! See https://code.google.com/p/chromium/wiki ... evelopment for more information on developing with the sandbox on.

[19075:0115/165219:INFO:CONSOLE(0)] "dopplerFactor is deprecated and will be removed in M45 when all doppler effects are removed", source: (0)

[19075:0115/165220:WARNING:shared_memory_posix.cc(385)] Shared memory creation failed; out of file descriptors"

"One interesting thing I noticed is that the game is technically running, but there is no window. I have to kill it from my task manager in order to attempt to start it again. I also noticed that when I run it from the console I get this message repeated a lot right when it loads.

[6744:1218/181911:WARNING:shared_memory_posix.cc(385)] Shared memory creation failed; out of file descriptors

I had plenty of memory available at the time I ran this"

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)