Limit revolute joint distance

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
  • basically when forced, the joints (tires) will just spread out

i cant find any way to force a limit so they wont spread like this

(they will return to their original position after a while, but... )

here is the joint creation events

• PlayerEmers

create revolute joint from tires to the car chassis and not from car to tires.

when asked for image point for tyre type -1 as it will select the center of the tire and select car in the object option.

so before doing this, in layout assemble the car and tires so that the joints will be placed in the position of the car and tires.

• PlayerEmers

create revolute joint from tires to the car chassis and not from car to tires.

when asked for image point for tyre type -1 as it will select the center of the tire and select car in the object option.

so before doing this, in layout assemble the car and tires so that the joints will be placed in the position of the car and tires.

thanks for pointing that out

its the right approach, but still, the problem remains

i tried to set the step interactions event on both tires, but the problem is always present

• PlayerEmers post your capx

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • PlayerEmers , here you go https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bEdde ... h20X516IqL

i removed unncessary actions like stepping mode, set gravity & some other stuff which I don't remember xD.

you don't have to set gravity for every object of the car, you set the gravity in "start of layout", and gravity is set for the whole world, so setting "car set world gravity to 15" is = to saying as "world set gravity to 15".

also physics is not framerate independent, so just don't set it that way as it will create problem with different framerates.

• PlayerEmers , here you go https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bEdde ... h20X516IqL

i removed unncessary actions like stepping mode, set gravity & some other stuff which I don't remember xD.

you don't have to set gravity for every object of the car, you set the gravity in "start of layout", and gravity is set for the whole world, so setting "car set world gravity to 15" is = to saying as "world set gravity to 15".

also physics is not framerate independent, so just don't set it that way as it will create problem with different framerates.

thanks for your replies

i did not know it was global if you set world gravity for only one object

I really need to set the gravity there, else the car feels too light

sadly, the problem with the joints getting wrecked/spreading out when forced against a wall/anything still persist :c

• to make the car feel heavier you can increase the car density or tires density.

talking about tire spreading out, there's no solution to that.

• to make the car feel heavier you can increase the car density or tires density.

talking about tire spreading out, there's no solution to that.

i will try the density thingy

and about no solution, oh... thats bad :c

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)