Lightening spread effect?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
A total of 214 high quality and unique magic sound effects suitable for RPG, Battle Arena and more!
  • I've figured out how to make a node locate the nearest specific sprite to itself and draw a line between the two, but now I can't figure out why the 2nd sprite won't spawn another spoke and follow the same process.. I created two lightening spokes, one for the main spoke and one for the second so it would only spread two spots.. but it's not working.

I've attached an image for the goal. Can anyone help?

thank you!

• I might be stupid, but if the nearest sprite for sprite1 is sprite2, wouldn't the nearest sprite for sprite2 be sprite1?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I might be stupid, but if the nearest sprite for sprite1 is sprite2, wouldn't the nearest sprite for sprite2 be sprite1?

In this picture it is, but not everytime.

1------2---3

Closest to 1 is 2, but closest to 2 is 3.

Rollendice We also cant know why, if we dont see the code. Possible your sprite picking is wrong.

• > I might be stupid, but if the nearest sprite for sprite1 is sprite2, wouldn't the nearest sprite for sprite2 be sprite1?

>

In this picture it is, but not everytime.

1------2---3

Closest to 1 is 2, but closest to 2 is 3.

Rollendice We also cant know why, if we dont see the code. Possible your sprite picking is wrong.

Thank you for clarifying that image.

I've attached an image of the code, I did some more work on it and now one of the nodes seems to work but only that one. If I interact with any other node, the main node just sends a spoke over to it rather than the nearest node sending one to it's nearest relative node.

it's confusing me haha.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)