Light shadow - what am I not getting?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • I managed to get a grasp on a lot of basic stuff this week, thank you all for pointing me in the right direction.

I learned that the light shadow plugin could be used to make 3D topdown buildings, but I must be doing something wrong, because, sometimes the shadows dissapear. The light object is pinned to the player, and works most of the times, it appears that the "glitch" happens if the player walks to far.

I hope I was able to be clear enough, if not, I will try to explain myself better, english isn't my first language, so please, don't beat me too hard.

Here is my setup:

In action working:

In action stops working:

Download - https://filebin.net/hnttvcuv7djupnvq

• 3 tips:

1. Make sure your light and shadow casting objects are on the top of the layer OR on a different higher layer. A while back I was making a game using shadow casting and this seemed to do the trick.

2. Make sure you are standing at an angle that a shadow would be drawn. Make sure the light has some space behind the shadow object. In other words, is it possible for it to draw a shadow in this case

3. If these dont work try setting your shadow color to a different color for testing purposes.

• Nevermind, I figured out it had to do with Z orders. I fixed it and got perfect gta styled buildings (And fences!)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Just curious, but were you able to get the 3d building colored, or did you keep them as black?

• I'm keeping them black, but I am able to change the color. I haven't decided what color to use quite yet, so they are black until I decide =)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)