How do I make my levels persistent through save/loading?

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
Progress\Loading Bar. Now Load you game like a Professional.
  • I am trying to figure out how to save the current map and all changes when leaving the map to a new one. Then doing the same when i come back.

https@@://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0psFoxYWKO0LUkxSk1pTHVRMkU/view?usp=sharing

In this really simple capx i am just using the spawning of the particles to see if the level is being saved and loaded. But using this method I cant figure out how to complete the loop. Any help or advice or a direction would be awesome.

Aaron

Edit: As I have been sitting here thinking about it. I believe that this wont work as each save will just be for that map. So I think that i need a new method. I have been going over most save tuts and havent come across what Im looking for yet. A link to a tut would be great. Or a direction to start on.

Edit2: Third times the charm hopefully. Link should now be the correct capx

• Link doesn't work.

• I added two @ signs in link so i could post.

• You uploaded a project. We need a single file capx.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks for the help already. I apologize for the wrong file. Switching now.

• Not sure I follow. When I'm on the green level, I pass overthe particles and they start. Then I leave the level and come back to the green one again, and the particles are still going.

Do you mean quit the game and then go back?

• Yeah the first level works fine the problem is when i leave the second map it should save when leaving so that when i reenter map 2 that map should also still be shooting out the particles.

So should look like this:

Touch box on map 1, leave map one while saving.

Enter map 2, touch box on map 2, go back to map 1 while saving map 2.

When coming back to map 1 see particles to prove map was saved, go back to map 2.

When reenter map 2 I should see particles still.(this is the part that is not working)

I guess what im trying to do is save a map and load a map. Im thinking of most types of rpgs, ie: pokemon. When you have already beat npcs,bosses on level i dont want to restart the layout because it resets all of my npcs. I want to beable to go back to old maps and have the progress on that map saved.

Thanks for already taking the time to look at my capx and help.

Aaron

• Haven't look at your capx yet, but sounds like you can do so with Persist behaviour. No?

• I will look into Persist behavior thanks for the direction.

Aaron

• That is exactly what I was needing. Thanks a bunch to both of yall for the help.

Aaron.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)