Level Editor - Sharing Players level

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
A simple Map Editor that where you can edit a map with restriction or totally. You can save and load the map created.
  • Hi guys !

I've been working on Tiny Clusters for a really long time now. (An old demo here)

The game is alsmot finished but during the developement, I kept having a thought : It would be awesome for the player to create there own levels ! (Community Building - Replayability etc...)

This part is pretty easy since a Level of Tiny Clusters can easily be expressed with an Array or a (pretty long) character string.

The Problem is : How do i make it easy to share levels ?

Please note that this doesn't necessarily mean that players have access to a server or something. It could be a code they have to input, with the obvious constraint that the code should'nt be too difficult to write.

In an ideal world, i would love a solution that would work on mobile and PC.

If this is too complex, PC is the minimum.

I have no previous knowledge in online stuff and looking for ressources &/or directions to follow.

Thanks a lot for your time

EDIT : Maybe this is more of a Design issue and i'm not in the right Thread. Feel free to let me know/Move the post.

• You would either need a web service or some kind of API/database to do this. You could even build a "level builder"-type C2 application and have it store player-created levels on a database.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/526/ho ... -savegames

Load from json Using Firebase.

• I'm Gonna Look into firebase, thanks a lot !

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)