How do I make a lerp camera follow, instantly change on layout swap?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Full game Construct 2 capx code source to post on Google Play
  • So I have currently a camera set on every tick to lerp(scrollx, player.X, 0.05) lerp(scrolly, player.Y, 0.05) that way it follows the player smoothly, however when I change a layout and I place the coordinates of the player elsewhere for the new lavel, the camera follows smoothly from outside the edge of the screen to the character new location.

How can I make the camera quickly snap to the player current position if on every tick tells it to always use lerp?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Just set the scroll to player position in "On start of layout" event.

• Thanks, originally I had done that and did not work, then I realised while trying to fix it that I had made a mistake in the set position of the camera as well, so it should have been self.x and self.y (instead of scollx and scrolly which I copied from somewhere else) for some reason when I fixed that the camera on start also got fixed :)

• So, another little issue with this if anyone is still reading!

When you anchor objects to a layer like the UI but the camera has lerp all of those UI elements tremble like crazy, anyone else encountered this?

• Did you set parallax and scale rate to 0 for UI layer?

• Thank you so much, that worked!

I had done UI for Contruct like 3 years ago, so I completely forgot I had to take care of that.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)