How do I Learn event sheet easily

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • Hello experts,

I'm game artist, i being freelance game artist for more than 4 years, 1 years ago i found C2 on google and try to learn it, it looks cool when i was try it, but when i try to learn event sheet i'm getting headache sorry i see all of u says its easy but i don't know why its really looks so complicated for me when i try every time, maybe that is my capable to understand such tool i dont know. so now i try to learn again for past 10 days but same thing i really don't understand event sheet how the options functioning, my problem is that i cant able to easily identify such event how link to layout for certain function. so is there any easy way to learn event sheet ? or any special tutorial for low grade capable ppls like?

Thanks,

Surendhra

2dgameartistsurendhrakumar.blogspot.in

• It's all learning through failure. Start small and try to finish that first. It doesn't have to be an entire small game, but a single game mechanic. If it gets too confusing and hard, isolate those things and then search the forums or make a thread about those things. There isn't really a simple way to learn the event sheet since the event sheet is just a board for the mechanics you're building for the game. That's like asking how to construct a house easily when you want to install pipes or build a studio.

• I get the idea that it is more of a language barrier. Are there tutorials in your language on youtube ?

You are a graphics artist, you are probably more a visual person. Once seen, always able to see it back in your mind.

• I learned about Construct 2's events from the manual.

https://www.scirra.com/manual/75/how-events-work

Also, Kyatric has the best [How do I]Frequently asked questions page there is.

viewtopic.php?t=63692&start=0

Lastly, if you go to [File] and [New], you'll notice there are a number of great example games available.

I studied how the games were structured first, and learned about the Events fast next.

• I get the idea that it is more of a language barrier. Are there tutorials in your language on youtube ?

You are a graphics artist, you are probably more a visual person. Once seen, always able to see it back in your mind.

Yes maybe, i have no tutorials in my own language "tamil". i know how to speak in english but have to study the cs technical terminologies.

• > I get the idea that it is more of a language barrier. Are there tutorials in your language on youtube ?

>

> You are a graphics artist, you are probably more a visual person. Once seen, always able to see it back in your mind.

>

Yes maybe, i have no tutorials in my own language "tamil". i know how to speak in english but have to study the cs technical terminologies.

Just go a bit slower when following tutorials on the tutorials page. Most of the time you will run into problems if your trying to go to fast with learning. Even though this software makes it easy to make games, you still have to practice a bit before you can make a full game. What type of game are you trying to make?

• surendhra Try link below there is demo of all kind to learn

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/eioscti86bpr ... 7YPza?dl=0

• >

> > I get the idea that it is more of a language barrier. Are there tutorials in your language on youtube ?

> >

> > You are a graphics artist, you are probably more a visual person. Once seen, always able to see it back in your mind.

> >

>

> Yes maybe, i have no tutorials in my own language "tamil". i know how to speak in english but have to study the cs technical terminologies.

>

Just go a bit slower when following tutorials on the tutorials page. Most of the time you will run into problems if your trying to go to fast with learning. Even though this software makes it easy to make games, you still have to practice a bit before you can make a full game. What type of game are you trying to make?

Hi, thanks for your kind reply, well.......I have several game idea's but first i'm going to start with multiple player "pong" game in different game plane.

• surendhra Try link below there is demo of all kind to learn

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/eioscti86bpr ... 7YPza?dl=0

Thank you very much sir, You too get blessings of Lord shiva.

• surendhra Most welcome son

• surendhra if you need more help PM me

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • surendhra

Would you want to (unconditional) dive into this ? And get an exercise every day for 2 months ?

• surendhra

Would you want to (unconditional) dive into this ? And get an exercise every day for 2 months ?

Hi, After 7 months again i came back to construct 2, your idea is really looks great. is there any 1 gave exercise for beginners ?

• Sir can i get your skype or whatsapp? I would like to connect with you, (not for disturbing in c2 learn) . But You are the only indian who i know using C2, and i really wants to learn about the game industry through experts, so it would be great if I connected with you in messenger or social media.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)