Layout Confirmation

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
  • I wasn't sure how to put this sort of thing in the title so here goes :p

I'm making a platformer game were you need to collect a key to move onto the next level

and need a little bit of help, i'm not really sure how to check if I have the key or not so that it denies me

the right to move onto the next level until i've collected it. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It is pretty simple. Just make a global variable named "key" and make it a bolean. Then you can do something like this

player collision with "key" set variable key to true and destroy key

system | compare variable | key is true? ----> Open door

IF you just want to compare the variable at a given time and not every tick you can set up a trigger. For example.

Player collision with door | compare variable | is "key" true? | If true, open door

• It is pretty simple. Just make a global variable named "key" and make it a bolean. Then you can do something like this

player collision with "key" set variable key to true and destroy key

system | compare variable | key is true? ----> Open door

IF you just want to compare the variable at a given time and not every tick you can set up a trigger. For example.

Player collision with door | compare variable | is "key" true? | If true, open door

Thank you, I have it working now thanks to you

• Try this tutorial you will learn more keys, doors

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/806/instance-variable

• > It is pretty simple. Just make a global variable named "key" and make it a bolean. Then you can do something like this

>

> player collision with "key" set variable key to true and destroy key

> system | compare variable | key is true? ----> Open door

>

> IF you just want to compare the variable at a given time and not every tick you can set up a trigger. For example.

>

> Player collision with door | compare variable | is "key" true? | If true, open door

>

Thank you, I have it working now thanks to you

Awesome

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)