I am getting into Construct 2 at the moment and I started to make a Jump'n'Run for learning purposes.
I've got 3 questions for now:
1. A level of a Jump'n'Run expands mostly to the right, so I need a very big layout if I want to make levels, which take 10 minutes to complete. I read in the tutorials that you should make a 4000x2048 Layout.
When I do that, I end up with this (sorry for big image):
<img src="http://s7.directupload.net/images/121225/wybfzrn9.png" border="0" />
Do I have to resize my objects, which I have so far? I understand that I need a big X value, but for what is the big Y value?
Which size of objects and which window size is recommended?
2. How to get my control events like moving and handling the Players animation to global, so I don't have to put them in each event sheet?
3. How to create an "object group"? For example when I select "Walls" in the object explorer I automatically select all wall objects.
1. Yes that looks right for the size layout. No you don'y need much height. You can make your Y equal to Window Height.
2. Create them in a Controller Event sheet. Then include the even sheet into the layout event sheet.
3. I'm not sure what your saying.
Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.
What you are talking about is a "Family", which is a function that is only in the Personal and Business versions of Construct2 (Dont quote me on that)
(Go ahead and buy Construct2 to yourself as a late christmas gift. You aint gonna regret it)
Thanks, I really appreciate your help. I am going to buy a license tomorrow. My free projects has gotten to 90 events, so it is high time <img src="smileys/smiley17.gif" border="0" align="middle" />