How do I make 2 layers with different resolution?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Adjusting the game screen for different resolutions (Letterbox scale)
  • Hi,

I don't manage making 2 layers with different resolution: 1 layer "game" with a bad resolution (for a "pixel" game) and the other layer with a great resolution for the menus (pause, shop...) and score display.

I tried to change the scale of the "game" layer but I must put it at the exact middle of the second layer to see it with no white strip on the sides. Can I do it otherwise?

Secondly, when I change the layer scale, tiledbackgrounds are distorted: some pixels are smaller than the others (I tried changing project settings with no result).

I'm french then I've posted my problem in a french forum but nobody could help me, sorry if my English isn't perfect

• You can make each sprite twice its original size. Don't forget to set "sampling" to "point" in your project properties -> configuration setting in order to have square resized pixels.

As you said you can change a layer scale, I think it's a good way to do so.

I don't get your distorted pixel issue, can you provide a capx ?

• I solved the distortion issue by changing the resolution of the tiledbackgroud: they must be 2x2, 4x4, 8x8... I set it to 128x128 and it solved the issue.

For the second issue, I still have no solution: I can change the layer scale but I can't put it exactly at the middle of the screen.

(http://www.construct-french.fr/forum/do ... php?id=521) the link may not work, if this is the case, I can put the capx on google drive.

• I registered but my registration has to be approved by a moderator. Fichtre.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I downloaded your file. What exactly bothers you ? The thin white line on the right of your zoomed layer ?

• Yes, I search way to display the small layer in the exact middle of the screen, without having to place it here manually. I think it should exist a different way to do this easier, why construct don't place the scaled layer in the middle of the screen automatically?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)