Layer in global layout not showing

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Globals 2.0
$3.99 USD
Globals 2.0 stores and group variables. You can also load and save data (variables) from/to JSON files.
  • I have a store panel that is I intend to use through multiple levels in my game stored on layer ItemStore in my Global layout. In Level1 in my OpenStore function, I set ItemStore to visible. However, it is not showing up in the game. Hmmm....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xd0wv5g9o7ycn ... .capx?dl=0

• If I recall correctly, if you're using global layers you should make sure that your layers are named consistently across all layouts and that they use the same hierarchy eg if ItemStore layer is layer 3 on Level 1, then it should also be called ItemStore on layout PP and also be on layer 3. If you don't have that layer set up in other layouts with the same name and hierarchy it won't work as intended. Hope that makes sense.

• On the linked project, the global layer is UI, not ItemStore. Make the ItemStore layer Global.

• If I recall correctly, if you're using global layers you should make sure that your layers are named consistently across all layouts and that they use the same hierarchy eg if ItemStore layer is layer 3 on Level 1, then it should also be called ItemStore on layout PP and also be on layer 3. If you don't have that layer set up in other layouts with the same name and hierarchy it won't work as intended. Hope that makes sense.

So if I understand correctly, whatever layers I have or will have throughout my multi level game, I will need to that in my global. Is that correct? I have a level named Start in my first layout called PP. I don't need that layer in Level one, but will it need to show up there as well as in the global layout? Thanks.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Whichever layer is global, you just add it to each layout you want it to appear in.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)