Make larger games for mobile

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Easily generate many levels from a set of pre-built scenes (Construct 3 template)
  • Google Play limit is 50MB. Does construct 2 support apk expansion files for anything over 50mb or is that something for future updates?

• It's a question number 1, question number 2 is how to optimize memory with projects greater than 50mb.

I read posts that almost year old, Ashley tells that google play limit will be increased to 250mb, but almost a year passed and nothing changed not in google play, not in c2. If you try to search forum for that question, you find some advices but i can't find a way that works properly or that described well.

Maybe someone know a way how to make apps greater than 50mb and can write a tut? This tutorial will be the most popular tutorial of all times here, i'm sure.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I would caution against aiming for releasing large games for mobile with Construct 2, at least at this point in time with the current exporters available. What you may find is after creating a huge project it doesn't work very well (slow game load times, bad FPS, etc).

I would aim for smaller games and smaller APKs, if you really want to do a larger game for mobile you may want to consider using another game engine that handles memory better with mobile devices. I think there are things in the pipeline for Android and iOS but I don't really think we're there yet.

Plus I think it's just better practice in general to aim for small apk sizes. Lots of people will cancel download if it's greater than 50mb (I'm pretty sure Flappy Bird is less than 1 mb!).

(this is just my opinion, anyone please feel free to dispute this)

• I don't know if it will be a good advice, but another way is to target IOS platform )

• I think it's just better practice in general to aim for small apk sizes. Lots of people will cancel download if it's greater than 50mb (I'm pretty sure Flappy Bird is less than 1 mb!).

Yeah, if we talking about the game like flappy bird, but if you want to make isometric rpg with tons of weapons, armor, mobs, locations, and other head exploding stuff it's gonna be larger than 50mb for sure. But you right, even if 50mb limit will be raised, or anything else will happen, we still have a lot of other problems, like memory management and other.

I don't know if it will be a good advice, but another way is to target IOS platform )

And what of it? It has no upload limit? I heard appstore has 50-60mb too.

• Sisyphus

I don't know Am I wrong, but grand theft auto san andreas size is approximately 2GB.

P.S: It is not good to target phones with a large rpg(my personal opinion), but if you target IPADS or other tablets the problem with memory usage is also ceases to exist

• Sisyphus

I don't know Am I wrong, but grand theft auto san andreas size is approximately 2GB.

P.S: It is not good to target phones with a large rpg(my personal opinion), but if you target IPADS or other tablets the problem with memory usage is also ceases to exist

AppStore and google play supports expansion files, additional files with textures and other, also known as cache, it's coming with executable file, that's why gta:sa weights 2gb. But the executable file (.apk or .app) must be no more than 50mb size.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)