How do I make a 3 languages dictionary with some feature

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
  • Hello everyone. please i need to know how to make a trilangue dictionary with construct2 . with some features like instant search, history, word builder and sharing, text to speech, favourites and work offline then save words? and thank you in advanced.

also i have another question. what the difference between create a book with background text objects, or make background contain already all text and paragraph by photoshop or any other tool. then add it to construct 2 as sprite ?

• This is a very broad question and you didn't provide much information about your game.

You can keep three copies of each key with language suffix, for example:

Key="book_en"

Key="book_fr"

Key="book_it"

Or you can store all three values in one key:

Key="book"

Data="en:book,fr:livre,it:libro"

Then you'll need a function that will parse this string and return the right value for each language.

As for the second question, it's better to use smaller sprites, tiled backgrounds and text objects for text. If you make each page as a big sprite, it will use a lot of memory!

See this blog post from Scirra:

https://www.construct.net/au/blogs/cons ... memory-796

• This is a very broad question and you didn't provide much information about your game.

You can keep three copies of each key with language suffix, for example:

Key="book_en"

Key="book_fr"

Key="book_it"

Or you can store all three values in one key:

Key="book"

Data="en:book,fr:livre,it:libro"

Then you'll need a function that will parse this string and return the right value for each language.

As for the second question, it's better to use smaller sprites, tiled backgrounds and text objects for text. If you make each page as a big sprite, it will use a lot of memory!

See this blog post from Scirra:

https://www.construct.net/au/blogs/cons ... memory-796

Hello and thank you for your answer i appreciate that. as i said its not a game its a dictionary with 3 languages with some illustrate. that have some feature as i mentioned in my first comment. so i need to know what plugins i need to use and the structure or the plan i must follow to make it. so please if you have any example or a mini capx example would be great.

and thank you very much for this valuable information about the second question. yeah i will use texts and tiled background and not a big sprite.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Oh, you meant "dictionary" type app, not the Dictionary data object in Construct 2!

Check out the CSV plugin:

• Oh, you meant "dictionary" type app, not the Dictionary data object in Construct 2!

Check out the CSV plugin:

yeah my friend not the plugin i want to make a dictionary type application. ok i will check it out thank you much appreciate your help

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)