How do I know the end of text-to-speech

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Customizable speech bubble dialogue system! With this dialogue system, you can finally have speech bubbles in your game!
  • Hello all

I'm working with user media, more precisely text-to-speech and speech recognition but I got a problem :/

There's no function like "On speaking end" or sthing like that :s

Well, it's not good when I make something like that :

• Speak text (especially a question)
    • Request speech recognition.

In this case, both actions are loaded simultaneously so program recognise what it is speaked, not what the user speak :/

I also have a second question, is there a possibility to know when the language that I've choose is completely loaded, perhaps it's just me but it look like there's sometimes a little delay before voice speak ^^

That's all

I thank you in advance and hope i will receive help

• UP

Please, is there somebody ^^ ? Perhaps would you like to know more ?

How to simply wait until text-to-speech end ?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I try a second up, please

• I just modified some existing code I was working with. The main thing you want is "when UserMedia is NOT speaking" and "Trigger once". In this case, the sound effect I have plays once the speaking ends.

With this code the event will trigger on the start of frame, but you can implement some safeguards to fix that.

I actually have to thank you for asking this question. I was trying to figure out a way to have all items you touch on the screen read aloud without lifting your finger. Turns out "when UserMedia is NOT speaking" is what I was looking for.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)